- Dynamic not-for-profit organisation
- Community based role
- 12 month full time role
For more than 50 years, Southern Cross Care has been providing innovative, quality aged care and retirement living services to our clients. We're guided by compassionate, capable, collaborative and creative values, with a focus on enhancing client independence through our evidence based healthy ageing practice. If this aligns with your values this job is for you.
About the role
Southern Cross Cares Community Wellness and Lifestyle Services is seeking a Senior Occupational Therapist passionate about health and wellness for older adults, no matter their age, level of disease or disability. Applicants must be willing to work in a person-centred, multi-disciplinary environment that embraces innovative practice and focuses of the reablement of our clients.
The key roles of the position are:
- Sound level of occupational therapy assessment and treatments skills, aligned to the needs and want of our clients
- Contribute positively to multi-disciplinary care planning for our clients
- Demonstrated experiencing in person-centred practice, service continuous improvement, evidence based treatment and service delivery.
- Case conferencing and problem-solving of complex care needs
- Supporting clients on proactive, evidence-based reablement pathways and the capacity to identify deviation from this pathway early.
- Willingness to mentor students and to increase your personal skill set
For further details regarding the scope of the role, please refer to the position description attached.
You will hold a bachelor or master degree in occupational therapy, a current registration with AHPRA, the capacity to apply for a provider number and an understanding of the aged care system. In addition you will bring listening, communication, and time management skills, and a willingness to drive innovative practice.
All Southern Cross Care employees also require a current National Police Certificate for the purpose of aged care.
About this opportunity
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic, not-for-profit organisation and help create a better future for you and your community.
We offer exceptional learning and development opportunities, and salary packaging benefits that will help you to maximize your take-home pay. You’ll also be working with a friendly and inclusive team that genuinely cares about you.
With our organisation growing to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our community, there’s never been a better time to join the Southern Cross Care team.
For questions or enquiries about this role please contact:
Sally Uren on 047 8879 663
Applications close: 17 May 2021